C&RL Social Media Editor - Call for Applicants
Applications/Nominations Invited for C&RL Social Media Editor
Applications and nominations are invited for the position of social media editor of College & Research Libraries (C&RL), the scholarly research journal of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL). The social media editor is a new position, identified by the Editorial Board as a critical component of the journal’s planned transition to an e-only publication model in January 2014. Like the book review editor, the social media editor will work closely with the editor and the members of the Editorial Board to shape the social media strategy for the journal and to identify opportunities for effective integration with the social media programs established by other ACRL publications and by the Association. The social media editor will be appointed for an initial, three-year term, at the conclusion of which the Editorial Board will determine if the position should continue for an additional three years (dependent on the state of the ACRL and C&RL social media strategy and structure in 2016). Applicants must be a member of ALA and ACRL.
- professional experience in academic libraries;
- a record of successful social media planning and implementation;
- knowledge of best practices in social media planning and innovative practices in the use of social media as a component of scholarly communications;
- ability to identify, prioritize, and implement social media projects that enhance and amplify the content disseminated through the journal;
- ability to meet deadlines; and
- familiarity with the existing social media program employed by the Association of College & Research Libraries.
Appointment will be made by the ACRL Publications Coordinating Committee upon the recommendation of the C&RL Editorial Board. The social media editor will begin a three-year term of appointment following the ALA Annual Conference in July 2013. A nominal honorarium may be available for this position, pending final review of the C&RL editorial budget for 2013-14.
Applications and nominations (including self-nominations), including a current CV and a statement addressing the nominee’s qualifications in the areas noted above, should be sent to:
Editor, College & Research Libraries
The College & Research Libraries Web site may be found at: http://crl.acrl.org/
The deadline for receipt of applications is March 15, 2013.
Finalists will be interviewed by conference call during April 2013.