Feedback on the ALA MW13 TTT panel
by Bohyun Kim on Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 08:42 am
I was on Twitter getting some feedback on today's TTT panel. Here they are and I suggest we discuss this at the next committee meeting.
- 4-5 people commented that they much prefer the traditional TTT format (each panelist bringing up a top tech trend and discuss) instead of one single topic discussion by the panel like today.
- Antoher comment was that the trend was not relevant at all to public libraries. LITA has been always seen kind of academic library tech heavy. So perhaps we need to pay more attention to provide balanced topics on that point?
- This was my observation but the streaming was super unreliable. I know we rely on Jason to do this but can we get some more help / resources /etc. for him or make it a priority to provide better streaming for TTT for the committee? It does not look good when the most popular LITA program streaming goes awry when it is done by LITA. Since the conference cetner wifi is unreliable often, perhaps we can try audio streaming instead? From my experience today, I think I would rather prefer clean audio without video.
- LITA blog is going away soon and right now that is the place where we put streaming info. We need to find out where else we will post this info next time.
- I also noticed that the TTT page in the LITA website is buried 2-3 level deep. It is hard to find for those who will be googling on the day of TTT program. Can be bring this page out more prominently and update the content as well? (I volunteer :) as also the member of LITA Web committee if needed.) http://www.ala.org/lita/professional/trends
- It looks like we use one Urstream channel to stream LITA stuff at various conferences. Probably we should make this more visible in the website as well.
- Soliciting feedback on Twitter went well I think. And I saw other committee members tweeting with #alamwttt and it was really awesome.