ALA Midwinter 2013 Agenda
by Scott Spicer on Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 01:35 am
Midwinter Agenda 2013:
2. Approve Minutes from ALA Annual 2012
- Annual minutes not currently available, searching for notes.
3. Additions to Agenda
4. Guest Speaker: Kevin Reynolds, ALA Executive Board Liaison to VRT
5. Treasurer’s report –
- Our remaining current balance is $22,343 our working annual budget is $6,400
- Budget details spreadsheet available
6. Midwinter Reports:
- Program – Elisabeth Myers
- Gala – Steve/Monique [Not present]. Scott will report on recent developments
- Communications Committee – Brian Boling
- Website – Steve Brantley [Not present, no report]
- Membership – Rhonda Rosen
- Multimedia Production Discussion Group – Shelly McCoy
- Notable Videos – Laura Jenemann [Not present, no report]
- Digital Media Discussion Group – Tracy Montri
- Bylaws – Steve Brantley [Not present, no report]
- Nominations – Tom Ipri
7. Liaison Reports:
- ALA Freedom to Read Foundation:
- ACRL ARTS: Roland Hansen
- ACRL Media Discussion Group:
- ALA BARC: ?
- ALA Copyright & Committee on Information Commons: Howard Besser
- ALA RTCA:
- ALCTS PARS:
- IFLA Audiovisual and Multimedia Section: Howard Besser/Michael Miller?
- National Media Market
- NMRT: ?
- OLAC: ?
- PLA AV Liaison: ?
- SSRT: ?
- YALSA Select Films for Young Adults:
8. Old business:
- Potential grant let by NYU, might include partially subsidized pre-conference session for Annual 2014
- Exploring areas of VRT media interests and programming starting with survey
9. New Business:
- IMLS grant update per survey
- VRT Membership Media Interest and Engagement Survey Discussion
- VRT leadership handbook creation