GLBTRT Web Committee Report - 2013 Midwinter
by David Isaak on Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 12:38 pm
- There has been some turn over on the Web Committee since the Annual Conference. Caitlin Shanley has stepped down as chair and Tiffany Brand has stepped down early as well. Replacing them are three new committee members: David Isaak (Chair), Kate Boeree, and Mack Freeman.
- Currently the tabbed box on the GLBT RT homepage, intended to highlight feeds from other sites, is not working properly. When feeds from the GLBTRT blogs are added, the entire GLBTRT site crashes. David Vess has been in ongoing communication with ALA help desk, but a solution has yet to be found.
- Left navigation labels were updated to bring them in line with ALA information architecture standards.
- Committee member Freeman continues to administer GLBTRT blogs
- Committee member Perez continues to support the GLBTRT Newsletter Committee
- Committee members Danis and Boeree continue to supply content to our social media feeds
- More details on activities can be found here: https://sites.google.com/site/glbtrt/web
- The committee, led by committee member Boeree will update the GLBTRT site and LibraryThing account after the release of Stonewall book awards.
- Committee member Isaak is working on adding sliding panels to the GLBTRT home page and replacing the right content block with interchangeable navpods.
- We will need 4 new members to replace people cycling off at the end of annual (including a chair-elect).
- David Conners Isaak (Chair, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
- David S. Vess (Past-Chairperson, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2013)
- Kate Boeree (Member, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
- Lindsey Danis (Member, February 22, 2011, to June 30, 2013)
- John Mack McGowan Freeman (Member, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
- Jorge Perez (Member, February 22, 2011, to June 30, 2013)