Midwinter virtual meeting, January 17
Our midwinter virtual meeting is scheduled for tomorrow, January 17, at 2-3 Eastern time (that's 1-2 CST for me). We will use AdobeConnect, which is a very easy system. Megan Griffin at ALA has sent me some tips, and I will pass them on in case you need them:
Enter AdobeConnect at the url http://ala.adobeconnect.com/r57wpk7/
This will put you into the first screen. You will need to enter your name. A password is not required. Anyone with the url can join the meeting.
You will find some tutorials at http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect.html
Megan has seven tips:
1. Use Firefox if possible. Internet Explorer and Chrome seem to have some issues.
2. Make certain you have an updated version of Flash.
3. If you bring files use only PDF or PPT files.
4. You will need a headset for VolP. If you are using a machine with a built-in microphone you will need to disable the built-in microphone and use the one on the headset.
5. Once you enter AdobeConnect you will need to click on the speaker and microphone icons in the top left corner (they turn green when they are on.)
6. Give yourself a few minutes to get things up and running at the beginning.
7. To test audio, click on "Meeting" in the upper left corner. Choose the audio set-up wizard. Click through every step, making sure the dropdown is set to your USB headset, and click through to the very last screen. You must click all the way through to save your selections.
You will need a computer with an updated version of Flash. If you want to use the VolP feature you will need a USB headset with a built in microphone.
Please be ready with your input.