Final NMRT Executive Board Meeting at Midwinter 2013
Final Agenda for NMRT Executive Board Meeting
Midwinter Meeting 2013
January 26, 2012 10:30 – 12:00 pm PST with Virtual Participation via Skype
- Call to Order & Introductions
- Approval of Minutes from Fall E-Board Meetings
- New Business
- Kevin Reynolds - ALA Executive Board Liaison Report
- Jonathan - 2013-2014 Draft NMRT Budget http://connect.ala.org/node/197666 (requires board vote)'
- Megan/Emily - Proposal for funding of the 2013 NMRT Professional Travel Grant (see below) (requires board vote)
- Coral – Proposal to ALA Ask-Me-Another Initiative (see below) (requires board vote)
- Susan - Discussion of Proposal for ALA Membership Due Changes
- 1) Does NMRT feel comfortable with supporting in principle tying dues adjustments to the Consumer Price Index
- 2) Is NMRT ok with NOT having the ALA membership vote on such raises.
- Old Business (via NMRTBD and/or Connect)
- Emily - Adjustment to the 2013 Candidate Slate
- Curtis - Update on Fundraising Strategy http://connect.ala.org/node/197893
- Linda - Ad hoc Task Force for NMRT Alumni/Friends
- Janel - Emerging Leaders Projects Status
Saturday, January 26
3:00 – 4:00 pm – Membership & Networking Meeting – WSCC – Room 205
Join potential & current New Members Round Table (NMRT) in learning about the round table’s latest activities. Hear from the ALA Presidential Candidates about their platforms and ideas for ALA. Stop by this informal meeting to network and learn more about the exciting things NMRT has to offer you.
5:30 – 7:30 pm – Midwinter Social – DragonFish Cafe, 722 Pine Street
Please join fellow NMRT members (and non-members!) at the DragonFish Cafe (722 Pine Street) in the Paramount Hotel for an evening of networking and fun in Seattle. Light refreshments will be provided. Everyone is welcome!
Sunday, January 27
10:30 – 11:30 am – Speak Up: Developing Effective Public Speaking Skills (NMRT/LLAMA Discussion Group) – WSCC – Room 619
Learn tips and tricks on how to develop public speaking skills to engage people and to effectively convey your message. Join us for discussion and networking with LLAMA and NMRT members, new librarians, new members of LLAMA and/or NMRT, librarians making career shifts, and anyone interested in developing leadership skills.