LITA Town Meeting at #alamw20113
Midwinter is next week (eep!) and one of our usual Midwinter activities is to host LITA members at our Town Meeting, which is on Monday from 8:30 to 10 in TCC 302. Here is what I am thinking for agenda and activities.
Please note that I am asking for tech help and facilitators, as noted below. Sign up, please! :)
Non-Board LITA members reading this open post--if you'd like to facilitate or offer tech help, please do! Add a comment, tweet/IM/email your nearest board member, what-have-you.
None of this is set in stone; if you think any of it is stupid or destined to come off the rails, speak up. I expect and value input from each of you. I'd like to make this the first step toward "Rebuilding/Reimagining LITA," to spring off ALA President Maureen Sullivan's "Reimagining ALA" initiative. As Maureen did at the Joint ALA Boards meeting in October, we will start off with a brief brainstorming of the things that are awesome about LITA (and therefore should be kept or enhanced). I hope that this activity is a gateway to the blue-sky dreaming we'll do after.
I'm doing this as an online doc so we can tweak the following sections as needed. :)
- Breakfast 8:30 - just before 9.
- Introduction (membership & financial trends, Reimagining ALA) - Cindi (10 m) (Zoe, do you want to say anything?)
- Appreciative Inquiry - all (10 m)
- Reimagining LITA activity: (30 m)
- Reimagining reporting (10m)
- Closing (summary, announcement of followup activities) (5 m) - Cindi
- Audio will be streamed and recorded. This will be fine for the intro and reporting parts. Not so much for table discussions. Do you all think we should try to stream two or three table discussions, like we did last year? Folks seemed to appreciate the opportunity to participate, but I also seem to remember that audio in the noisy room was hard to hear.
- Ideas during the Appreciative Inquiry and Reimagining activities will be recorded in Google Docs - anyone in or outside of the room can add.
- Tweets to be tagged with #litatm; I'll need your help getting the word out beforehand and will appreciate your frequent tweeting during and after. :)
- Chat will be in IRC (#litatm). UStream chat tends to bork, and not everyone who might want to chat necessarily wants to have the stream open (also, bandwidth issues with that).
- someone to mind the projection and the IRC channel we'll be projecting. (Coral Sheldon-Hess)
- someone to set up and mind the streaming. I will bring Snow Ball mic and laptop.
- If we'll be streaming table discussions, laptops/mics/volunteers for those: 2 or 3. (laptop: Abigail Goben; Mic/camera: David Lee King, Jason Griffey)
- Appreciative Inquiry activity - two recorders (one flip chart, one GDoc)
- Reimagining: one facilitator per table/group (8); one recorder per table/group (day-of is fine, but board members, please bring your laptops just in case) (is it possible to edit a shared gdoc on an iPad? if so, they are welcome too)
- Reimagining reporting: one reporter for each table/group (day-of volunteers; recorder to summarize in GDoc)
- IRC: someone to set up and write/post instructions for #litatm channel
- EVERYONE please tweet before, during and after.