EBSS Social Work/Social Welfare Committee Midwinter 2013 Meeting Agenda
1:30 pm to 3:00 pm, US/Eastern
Social Work/Social Welfare Committee Agenda
Education and Behavioral Sciences Section
American Library Association
Virtual Midwinter Meeting, 2013
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
12:30 CST (1:30 EST) through 2:00 CST (3:00 EST)
- Welcome and Introductions – Sue Wortman
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) Librarians Group
- Discussion – What do you hope to get from this committee?
- Updating Social Work Selector’s Toolbox
- ACRL 2013 – April 10-13
- Topics and goals for ALA Annual (June 27 – July 2, 2013, Chicago)
- Sharing: What have you been doing? What are the hot topics/innovations in Social Work?
- Other business
Please contact me with any questions prior to the meeting, either through email or ALA Connect. This is an open meeting so anyone interested is cordially invited.
Hatcher Graduate Library
University of Michigan
913 S. University Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1190
This will be a virtual meeting, using Adobe Connect. Use this URL to attend the meeting http://ala.adobeconnect.com/r297nvpqn99/. You will need a USB headset (one with an internet connection) to use the VoIP feature in Adobe Connect. It is recommended that you have headsets with microphones available and that you have the most current version of Flash player on your computer. Additional tips on Adobe Connect are listed below.
- Use Firefox, if possible - Internet Explorer and Chrome seem to have some issues.
- Make certain you have an updated version of Flash.
- Only use PDF or PPT files
- You will need a headset for VoIP. If you are using a machine with a built-in microphone, you will need to disable the built-in microphone and enable the microphone on your headset (a USB headset is best).
- Once you enter Adobe Connect (you will sign in as a guest--so no log-in is needed), you will need to click on the speaker and microphone icons to activate--both need to be GREEN.
- Please allow a few minutes to get in and test your audio, etc. before the start time.
- To test audio, click on 'Meeting' in upper left corner. Choose the audio set-up wizard. Click through every step, making sure the dropdown is set to your USB headset, and click through to the very last screen. IMPORTANT: You must click all the way through the audio wizard in order to save your selections.