2013 ANNUAL CONFERENCE SCHEDULING: Details and instructions enclosed
The online meeting submission form for Annual 2013 is now open! Check out this post for instructions and deadlines.
If you are a designated scheduler for a ASCLA committee or interest group, you should have received an e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ALA 2013 Annual Conference Submission Site now open.” If you did not receive this message, please check your spam/junk folders.
If it is not there, you can now create your own login here: https://ala2013.wingateweb.com/portal/ssoCfp.ww
The most important change, as is noted in the documents attached to this post, is that the regular meeting blocks have changed. They are: 8:30-10am, 8:30-11:30am, 8:30am-5:30pm, 10:30-11:30am, 1-2:30pm, 3-4pm and 4-5:30pm. Your meetings must conform to these times.
Here are the deadlines:
- Feb. 9 – All new meeting requests must be submitted via the online form.
- Feb. 11 – Preliminary schedule of meetings sent out and posted in Connect for your review.
- Feb. 19 – Last day for any changes to meeting times and dates; A/V orders are also due on this date.
The Feb. 19 deadline above assures that staff will have time to review your meeting requests before they are delivered to Conference Services, so please make sure your work is completed by Feb. 19--no exceptions. Between Feb. 19 and March 1, I will be working with Conference Services to confirm your meeting details and assist with room assignments. If, during this time, you need to make a last-minute update to your meeting A/V ONLY, they will need to be e-mailed to me (SUBJ: “Midwinter scheduling: A/V update”) at email@example.com before March 1. Please only take advantage of this update window if last-minute changes or emergencies necessitate it! Room setups/sizes cannot be changed after Feb. 9, and A/V changes will not be accepted after March 1.
These are all attached to this post. Please download, print out and review before scheduling your meeting! There are some new features for the form, and they are explained in these documents.
- Step-by-step scheduling instructions
- An abbreviated version of How to Make Your Events Findable in the Conference Planner that covers hashtags, tags, subject areas, audiences and how to find your iMIS committee code
- Guide to Meetings, which explains room layouts and A/V options
The following meetings are scheduled by RUSA staff:
- ASCLA Board 1
- ASCLA Board 2
- ASCLA/COSLA Reception
- ASCLA Executive Committee
- All programs and preconferences
Dates and times for these meetings are forthcoming--we are making adjustments to the schedule due to the new time slots.
Questions? Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or post your questions here and I'll respond.