American Libraries Advisory Committee--Minutes of August 23, 2012 Meeting
Minutes for the American Libraries Advisory Committee monthly virtual meeting held on August 23, 2012 are attached.
Committee members with additions/corrections to the minutes are encouraged to contact me directly.
Summary of main actions taken:
Comments/suggestions from committee members regarding the upcoming American Libraries survey should be sent to Laurie (email@example.com) by end of business on Friday, August 31, 2012.
Committee members agreed to take the following steps to help generate increased awareness
of what American Libraries provides:
- Support the magazine through at least one social media tool, e.g., liking the American Libraries page and content on Facebook, following American Libraries on Twitter (@amlibraries), or commenting on American Libraries on LinkedIn.
- Comment on at least one article on the website each quarter.
- Laurie will see if she can start an online conversation (perhaps on LinkedIn) designed to draw readers into a conversation about what American Libraries provides for them. (This came from a committee member’s question as to whether American Libraries has ever prepared anything telling our readers about all the various resources we provide.)
Laurie Borman also:
- Reiterated her previous message that she loves hearing from committee members about content and finds that sort of feedback very helpful, so encouraged members to contact her directly with comments.
- Asked that committee members send a one-line email notifying her as soon as print copies of the magazine arrive so she can be sure delivery is occurring in a timely fashion.
--Paul Signorelli, American Libraries Advisory Committee Chair