AGENDA for Sunday, June 24
ALCTS CMS Collection Management and Electronic Resources Interest Group
Sunday, June 24, 10:30 am-12:00 pm in ACC-210C
Facilitator: Steven Sowell, Oregon State University Libraries
I. Discussion: "Transforming Workflows: Staffing for the Future" (10:30-11:30 am)
Jill Emery, Collections Development Librarian, Portland State University Library, will serve as a catalyst for our discussion on transforming workflows. Inspired by her remarks, some of the possible questions we will address in our discussion include:
- What are some of the external environmental changes that have driven changes to workflows in your organization?
- What specific events within your organization triggered change?
- In broad terms, how were your workflows changed? What organizing principles guided the changes?
- What challenges have you dealt with in changing workflows? What would you have done differently?
- What metrics have you used or are using to assess the effectiveness of your workflow changes?
- What staff training or professional development did you provide to prepare staff?
- What experience, skills, or knowledge would you like to see new hires bring to your organization?
II. Planning for Midwinter ALA (11:30-11:50 am)
III. Other (11:50 am-12:00 pm)