Go to:
Discussion
Online Doc
File
Poll
Event
Picture
Mike Kelly's picture

ALA Annual 2012 (Anaheim) Executive Committee Meeting Agenda (DRAFT)

DRAFT RBMS Executive Committee Agenda

ALA Annual Conference 2012, Anaheim, CA.

Monday, June 25, 08:00 - 12:00

Disneyland Hotel, North Exhibit Hall Room BC

 

Please note that chairs of committees, discussion groups, and task forces, as well as liaisons to other groups and organizations give their reports at the RBMS Information Exchange (Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 4:00pm to 6:00pm, Anaheim Convention Center 207B), so they should not repeat their reports at the Executive Committee meeting. However, committee chairs are expected to attend the Executive Committee meeting, and they may present action items for consideration by the Executive Committee. All other members of RBMS are encouraged to attend the meeting and to participate in the discussion.

 

Draft Agenda (June 7, 2012)

 

1. Introductions

 

2. Review and finalize agenda (Mike Kelly)

 

3. Meeting protocol (Mike Kelly)

 

4. Approval of minutes from ALA Midwinter 2012 (Mike Kelly)

 

5. Reminders for committee chairs (Annie Copeland/Mike Kelly)

5.1 Meeting schedule, meeting room setups (Mike Kelly)

            Erika Dowell will handle scheduling for Midwinter 2013 (Seattle)

5.2 Information Exchange reports (Annie Copeland)

 

6. Consent Agenda

            6.1 Approved the recommendation of the Conference Development Committee that Las Vegas, NV be selected as the site for the 2014 RBMS Preconference. (april 2012)

            6.2 Approved Bibliographic Standards Committee be authorized to request an invitation from the CaMMS Executive Board to appoint a BSC liaison to CC:DA (May 2012)

 

7. Updates from the Executive Committee (Mike Kelly)

7.1 Submitted a request for $3,200 to the ACRL Friends Fund Disbursement Subcommittee for support of the 2012 Preconference Scholarships (11/30/2011). $2,500 was approved by the ACRL Budget & Finance Committee to support 2012 Preconference scholarships.

7.2 RBMS membership participation in ALA elections

 

7. Old business

 

7.1 Virtual meetings and virtual membership (Mike Kelly)

 

8. New business

 

8.1 RBMS Standards due for review/revision:

 

9. Programs and conferences

9.1 2012 Preconference Program Planning (San Diego) (Nina Schneider, Shannon Supple)

9.2 2012 Preconference Local Arrangements (San Diego) (Lynda Claassen)

9.3 2012 Annual Conference Program Planning (Anaheim) (Gerald Cloud)

9.4 2013 Preconference Program Planning (Minneapolis) (James P. Ascher)

9.5 2013 Preconference Local Arrangements (San Diego) (Arvid Nelson)

9.6 2013 Annual Conference Program Planning (Chicago) (Jennifer MacDonald and Athena Jackson)

9.7 Conference Development Committee (Deborah J. Leslie)

 

10. Task forces

10.1 Task Force on Metrics and Assessment (Sarah Fisher)

 

11. Publications & Communications

11.1 Publications and Communications Committee (James P. Ascher)

11.2 News Editor (Ethan Henderson)

11.3 Web Team (Jason Kovari)

11.4 RBM Editorial Board (Beth Whittaker)

 

12. Standing committees

12.1 Archivist/Records Manager (Mike Kelly for Chatham Ewing)

Action item: endorsement of the idea of establishing a digital repository as part of the ALA Archives at UIUC for the management and preservation of records related to the section. 

12.2 Bibliographic Standards Committee (Jane F. Carpenter)

12.3 Budget and Development Committee (E. C. Schroeder)

12.4 Diversity Committee (Athena Jackson)

Action item: request for travel support for two Diversity Committee members to present RBMS Diversity Toolkit at the 2012 Joint Conference of Librarians of Color (September 2012) 

12.5 Exhibition Awards Committee (Molly Schwartzburg)

12.6 Membership and Professional Development Committee (Katie Henningsen)

12.7 Nominating Committee (Deborah Leslie)

12.8 Regional Workshops Committee (Jane Gillis)

            Action item: proposed revision of committee name and charge

12.9 Scholarships Committee (Diane Warner)

12.10 Security Committee (Alvan Bregman)

12.11 Seminars Committee (Laura Micham/ Danielle Culpepper)

 

13. Discussion groups

13.1 Collection Development Discussion Group (William Modrow /Mark Greenberg)

13.2 Curators and Conservators Discussion Group (Beth Kilmarx/Dennis Moser)

13.3 Manuscripts and Other Formats Discussion Group (Lois Fischer Black/Diane Warner)

13.4 Public Services Discussion Group (Nicolette Dobrowolski/Susan Walker)

13.5 Technical Services Discussion Group (Ann Copeland/Ellen Ellickson)

13.6 Digital Special Collections Discussion Group (Jason Kovari)

 

14. ACRL

14.1 ACRL Board, Leadership Council (John Lehner)

14.2 ACRL Budget and Finance (E.C. Schroeder)

 

15. Closing business