Midwinter 2012 Board Documents
Public Library Association
Board of Directors Meeting
ALA Midwinter Meeting
Saturday, January 21, 2012
Dallas Convention Center, Room C144
This post is public
Follow-up email 1-26-12 from Barb Macikas to the PLA Board listserv
- Attached is the report PLA’s representative to ALA Council Christine Hage prepared. It provides a good overview of Council actions that occurred after the PLA Board meeting. Thanks Christine for preparing the report.
- During our Board meeting I mentioned the early literacy PSA’s developed by the Calgary Public Library. PLA and ALSC hope to work with the director of the Calgary library to help make these available and branded for other libraries’ use. See: http://calgarypubliclibrary.com/kids/growing-readers-videos
- On Monday, Mary Hirsh and I met with the Gates Foundation and technology benchmark initiative partners to discuss next steps. Deborah Jacobs, Director of the Global and U.S. Libraries initiative, pointed out the Gates Foundation blog, “Impatient Optimists” and I thought I would share that link with you: http://www.impatientoptimists.org/Posts/2012/01/Pew-Report-Will-eReaders-Help-or-Hinder-the-Digital-Divide
- Agenda link (opens in Word 2007)
- Additional items may be added to the agenda prior to the adoption of the agenda. Items also may be moved from the Consent Items to become a discussion item.
- Documents are attached individually to this post.
This is a link to a pdf of all documents to be printed double sided. Request via pla at ala.org email please.
Document 2012.29 attachment: The Benchmarks Framework is attached below in both PowerPoint and PDF. In the event that PowerPoint doesn’t work well on your device, please view the pdf. http://connect.ala.org/files/68293/benchmarks_framework_version_current_jan_2012_in_p_19739.pdf
Document 2012.31 guide
PLA Executive Director Update http://connect.ala.org/files/68293/2012_31_pla_executive_director_update_docx_15387.docx
Digital Public Library of America, Gary Shaffer, Marcia Warner, Martin Gomez (time tentative)
Attachments and supplementary materials. Also included in the Combined documents pdf and attached below.
Letter to Warner Home Video (2 pages) http://connect.ala.org/files/68293/warner_home_video_attach_for_pla_ed_rep_pdf_68311.pdf
@ your Library Campaign 2009- Public Awareness- (5 pages) http://connect.ala.org/files/68293/campaign_attachment_for_pla_ed_rep_doc_pdf_12520.pdf
@ your Library Campaign Midwinter 2012 (5 pages, 3.8 MB) http://connect.ala.org/files/68293/attachment_to_2012_31_campaign_for_americas_librar_23229.docx
Resolution to recognize Jill Nishi (1 page) http://connect.ala.org/files/68293/2012_31_suppl_ala_resolution_to_recognize_jill_ni_79505.docx
- Document 2012.37 will be given to you onsite. It's subject is item 9 on the agenda. Presentation, Tim Coates, Kate Thomsen re Bilbary ebook library
These are links to reference materials. These are not agenda items.
1800-545-2433 x5752 or firstname.lastname@example.org