BRASS Education Commitee Meeting (Minutes) ALA Annual Conference 2011 - New Orleans
BRASS Education Committee Meeting (Minutes)
ALA Annual Conference
Saturday, June 25 from 10:30 – 12PM
Sheraton, Salon 829
Present: John Juricek, Louise Feldmann, Todd Hines, Connie Strittmatter, Joel Thornton, Monica Hagan, Rhonda Kleiman, Susan Schreiner, Michelle Allen, Leticia Camacho (Chair) , Paul Brothers
Excused: Natasha, Mary and Jared
- Call to order: Paul Brothers volunteered to take minutes
- Welcome and introductions/roster –
- Announcements: Todd Hines (ex officio from BRASS Exec.) announced that Minority Service Award is going away – S&P will not provide on-going support; BRASS Emerald Award – we have not received funding for this one yet but when we do it will be for one award and not two
- Todd passed around BRASS Program flyer for Monday AM program
- Paul – encouraged members to check their LibGuides periodically for updating
- Libguide assignments were divided (see attached form for names associated with areas)
- Lety mentioned using Google translator – Monica and Lety will investigate “turning on” this feature in LibGuides
- There was a discussion about copyright on the LibGuides page and if it was necessary to have a separate statement on each person’s guide. This issue was tabled for further discussion.
- Paul briefed members on the preconference. There were 16 paid attendees. Connie Strittmatter suggested having two back-to-back sessions. This could then be sold as one or both programs depending on the attendees needs and budget. [I learned from RUSA Board of Directors meeting that preconferences are going to be shortened by one hour i.e. ending at 4PM rather than 5PM.] Shika Sharma will be coordinating the MBA in a Day for Anaheim. Michelle Allen and Susan Schreiner will be assisting her.
10. Connie Strittmatter announced that Todd Hines will be taking her place with RUSA Professional Development.