Goals for RSS O&P, 2011 - 2012
RSS Organization and Planning (O&P) Goals for 2011 - 2012
1. Meet jointly with RSS Executive Committee in Aug, Oct/Nov, Jan, and Apr/May to review progress toward meeting goals and suggest any actions needed to address problems.
2. Work with committee chairs to improve, repurpose, or eliminate committees that were identified as having problems during the most recent Section Review and/or during the spring 2011 committee appointments process. Create new committees where appropriate. Solicit input from the RSS Executive Committee through this process.
3. Review the recommendations provided during the July 2011 RSS Executive Committee II meeting. Prioritize the recommendations and coordinate with RSS Executive Committee to implement appropriate changes.
4. Work with RSS Executive Committee to build and sustain relationships with MARS and other sections of RUSA as appropriate. [Note: This includes the planning for the joint RSS/MARS series of Midwinter Workshops, with the first to take place in January 2013 in Seattle. Responsibility for planning the content of these workshops is expected to be assigned to a joint subcommittee of the Education and Professional Development Committee of both sections]
5. Review and Revise the RSS Handbook.
a. Create a Program Planning Checklist. Include in next revision of RSS Handbook.
b. Review the established communication channels used in RSS. Define the appropriate use of each and recommend addition of new channels or removal of existing channels. Include in next revision of RSS Handbook recommendations for use of each channel.
6. Assess the section's success in meeting the needs of its members through a survey and other evaluative means.
7. The O&P Chair will provide a report four times a year for RSS Review.