Cataloging and Classification Research IG Call for Proposals 2011
The ALCTS CCS Cataloging & Classification Research Interest Group is seeking proposals for presentations at its ALA Annual Conference meeting in New Orleans. The meeting will be held on Sunday, June 26th, 2011, from 10:30 a.m. to noon in Sheraton Napoleon A1.
The focus of the meeting will be the future of cataloging and classification research. We will give a brief report on the ALCTS e-forum “Beyond the Year of Cataloging Research” held March 9-10, 2011. We will also host a presentation about encouraging research and a demonstration of a research blitz. There is time for one additional research presentation. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Research on the future of cataloging and classification in a web-scale discovery environment
- Research on the integration of traditional MARC cataloging with other discovery tools
- Research on dissemination tools for innovations and research on cataloging and classification in a social networking environment
- Research on shifts in the organizational structure of cataloging departments and/or staff in the non-traditional metadata environment
- Research on new applications of traditional cataloging and classification rules and/or skills in non-MARC discovery tools
Presentations should be about 15 minutes long. Audience questions and discussion will be encouraged after the presentations.
- Presentation title
- Brief summary of proposed presentation
- Names and positions of presenter(s)
- Email address(es) of presenter(s)
We look forward to hearing from you!
Associate Professor and Coordinator for Non-Roman Cataloging
The Ohio State University Libraries
Susan A. Massey
Head of Discovery Enhancement, Thomas G. Carpenter Library
University of North Florida