An effort to equalize elections
One of the subgroups in the Young Professionals Task Force has been exploring possibilities for equalizing elections to give young members a better chance at being elected to Council and other offices. It is a challenging topic, and we've realized that it might be easier to pilot an initiative ourselves than to simply pass it on to the ALA Executive Board with our recommendations.
So here it is: a sortable, searchable spreadsheet of all those running for ALA Councilor at Large in the current, Spring 2011 election. Please take a look, share it widely, and let us know what you think.
Want to sort it? Here's how:
- You may want to open the spreadsheet in "Full Screen View" before editing.
- Use "Click to Edit" button at upper right (note: your changes will not affect the original).
- Click upper left corner of sheet to highlight all.
- Right-click anywhere on sheet.
- Choose Sort > Custom sort.
- Ensure "Contains header" box is checked.
- Click "OK."