ALA Annual Conference
Dear PLA Community of Practice,
Your CoP has the option of meeting in person at ALA Annual Conference on Saturday, June 25 from 8-9:30 a.m.
If you would like your meeting to be printed in the ALA Annual Conference Program Book because you have confirmed that several people from your CoP will be in attendance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 3/1 at noon, central time.
Other Meetings and Events
Friday, June 24
Preconferences (separate registration required for all of these)
1.Cirque de Peoples, 9:00am-5:00p; A day of exploring the ups and downs of daily life in managing/supervising/leading in a public library and tips for how to do it successfully.
2. The Top 10 Benefits of Tough Times, 8:30am-Noon; Learn how to adjust budgets, staff sizes and everything else to fit the new “normal.”
3. Interactive Spaces for Families to Play, Learn, and Discover, 1:30-5:00pm; Learn about unique family learning spaces in three different libraries and how to create your own.
4. Turning the Page 2.0 (free) Friday, Jun 24 [8:30 AM - 12:00 PM] Turning the Page 2.0 addresses core issues of advocacy, communications and relationship building in a convenient blended-learning format. This half-day kick-off introduces librarians and supporters to the basic tenants of TtP 2.0. Participants will leave this pre-conference ready undertake a six-week course of synchronous and asynchronous online work aimed at completing an individual advocacy work plan.
- Some committee meetings are scheduled Friday afternoon. Contact PLA@ala.org if you’re on a committee and need information.
Saturday, June 25
- 8-9:30 a.m., PLA All Committees Meeting (Committees and Communities of Practice may meet in one large room)
- 9:30-noon, PLA Mega-Issue Discussion to be facilitated by Paul Meyer, Tecker Consultants (More info to come on www.pla.org)
- 1:30-4:30 p.m. PLA Board meeting
Sunday, June 26
- Some committee meetings are scheduled Sunday Morning. Contact PLA@ala.org if you’re on a committee and need information.
- 1-3 p.m. PLA President’s and Awards Program with Laura Lippman and David Simon
- 4p.m.PLA President’s Reception sponsored by Playaway
- Some committee meetings are scheduled Sunday afternoon. Contact PLA@ala.org if you’re on a committee and need information.
- Some committee meetings are scheduled Monday morning. Contact PLA@ala.org if you’re on a committee and need information.
No Conflict Times are:
Ribbon Cutting and All Conference Reception - 5:30 - 7:30 pm, Friday, June 24, 2011
Opening General Session - 4:00 - 5:30 pm, Friday, June 24, 2011
Track Programs - 10:30 am - 12 noon, Monday, June 27, 2011