CRS Standards Committee meeting agenda (2011 Midwinter)
ALCTS CRS Standards Committees Meeting (All CRS committee meetings)
Time: Saturday, Jan 8, 8:00 am-10:00 am
Place: SDCC-Room 01 A
(Our meeting is listed in the program as the ALCTS CRS All Committee Meeting.)
1) Volunteer to take minutes
3) Approve Minutes from the ALA Annual Conference (emailed earlier)
4) Update Forum:
Sunday, June 27, 2010. 10:30-12:00 noon at Hilton Bayfront Aqua 314
Speakers and topics:
Dina Benson, of the University of Florida, on the Encoded Archival Context:
Corporate Bodies, People and Families (EAC-CPF) metadata standard.
Susan Marcin, of Columbia University, on Improving OpenURLs through
Analytics (IOTA), a two-year research project sponsored by NISO.
Sara Russell Gonzalez of the University of Florida on the VIVO Project.
"VIVO is an interdisciplinary national network enabling
collaboration and discovery between scientists across all disciplines."
5) Brainstorming topics for the forum at Midwinter
* will need 1-2 volunteers to coordinate the forum
6) RDA testing: experiences and observations
* Either formal or informal testers
* Either MARC or non-MARC
7) Reshaping ALCTS: final report