Calendar & Meeting Agenda
Fri., Jan 7, 3-5pm ULS Co. on the Future of University Libraries meeting [Hilton, Aqua 309]
Sat., Jan 8, 5:30-7 ULS Social [Buster’s Beach House, Seaport Village, 807 W. Harbor Dr.]
1. Review draft Charge: To explore and document new directions in university libraries, and to support the ULS Executive Committee by brainstorming means through which ULS might better support university librarians in the future.
2. Finalize Goals statements [See draft below]
3. Assign task for report ULS Executive Co. for ALA Annual Meeting, 2011
A. Select and summarize key works on futures of academic institutions
B. Develop list of timely and provocative topics for ULS programming
Committee Goals, 2010-11 (draft)
1. Identify and raise awareness of key works on the future of higher education
2. Assemble a list of questions and topics for future ULS programming
Both Goals and Action steps are draft statements. I invite all committee members to respond to the Goals and Agenda items in advance of the meeting.
Marilyn Myers, Chair