Call for proposals CCRI at 2011 ALA Midwinter
The ALCTS CCS Cataloging & Classification Research Interest Group is seeking proposals for presentations at its ALA Mid-Winter meeting in San Diego. The meeting will be on Sunday, January 9th from 10:30 a.m. – noon, at the San Diego Convention Center, Room 33A.
The focus of the meeting will by wrapping up be reports and results from the 2010 ALA Year of Cataloging Research. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Research on evidence-based decision making for cataloging and classification
- Research on innovative ways of recruiting/training non-traditional catalogers in a time of budget cuts cutting and reduced reducing of full time cataloging staff
- Research on RDA testing and implementation
- Research from completed during the year of 2010 in response to the ALA Year of Cataloging Research
Presentations should be about 15 minutes long. Audience questions and discussion will be encouraged after the presentations.
Email proposals by Friday, November 19th Monday, Nov. 29th to Sherab Chen (email@example.com). Please include:
- Presentation title
- Brief summary of proposed presentation
- Names and positions of presenter(s)
- Email address(es) of presenter(s)
We look forward to hearing from you!
Associate Professor and Coordinator for Non-Roman Cataloging
The Ohio State University Libraries
Susan A. Massey
Head of Cataloging, Thomas G. Carpenter Library