RUSA Section Review
RUSA Section Review
The RUSA Organization Committee reviews sections every five years. Sections are asked to review their committees and discussion groups and evaluate their effectiveness.
Procedure Statement on Evaluation of Committees
- Policy dictates that all eligible sections be reviewed every five years.
- Newly established sections receive their first review after three years.(STARS first review is scheduled for 2010)
- STARS should submit its review documentation to the RUSA Organization Committee in time to allow distribution of copies in preparation for discussion at the Annual Conference.
- Normally, reviews are conducted during the Midwinter Conference and are administered by the Subcommittee on Reviews.
- If necessary to maintain the integrity of the schedules, reviews also may be conducted during the Annual Conference.
- Reviewers should not be members or active participants of their assigned section. Reviews should be conducted at a regular business meeting of the section.
Calendar and outline of the normal review procedures
- October 15
Chair of Subcommittee on Reviews notifies chairs of all sections slated for review by a form letter adopted for that purpose. Also included is a copy of the evaluation checklist and a copy of the policy statement concerning "Establishment and Evaluation of Committees ."
- December 1
Chair of Subcommittee notifies all Subcommittee members of sections slated for review and their meeting times and dates. By December 10, committee members inform Subcommittee Chair which times they are available.
- December 10
Chair of Subcommittee notifies subcommittee members of review assignments. In cases where committee members have not responded with their choices, assignments will be arbitrary. If subcommittee members are unable to attend their assigned meetings, the Subcommittee Chair should be notified. (If conflicts cannot be resolved, these section reviews may be postponed until the Annual Conference and section chairs informed of same.)
- December 15
Subcommittee members contact chairs of sections to be reviewed directly and inform them of their visit on a certain day.
- Mid-Winter Reviews are conducted according to the schedule described above and checklists are filled out.
- February 14
Subcommittee members send copies of their reviews to Subcommittee Chair for purposes of synthesis and distribution.
- March 15
Subcommittee chair sends each member of Organization Committee copies of all reviews together with a brief report of findings.
- March 30
Organization Committee chair sends review results to section chairs.