ACRL Government Relations Committee 2010 Annual Revised Agenda
ACRL Government Relations Committee
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Capital Hilton, Federal Room
1. Welcome and Introductions
2. Update on Legislation (Corey Williams 30 mins.)
3. Update on the Legislative Advocates Program (Kara Malenfant 30 mins.)
Some of this is already reported on Connect see http://connect.ala.org/node/105774
- How many advocates do we currently have?
- What kind of response did Kara get to her recent survey of Advocate activity?
- How can we improve the response rate to votes on new applicants?
- Simplifying the application form. (http://cs.ala.org/acrl/legadvocates/xxindex.cfm)
- Identifying a person who can work on bringing the community of Advocates together.
4. ACRL Committee Work Plan, including review of SMART goals (Marilyn Ochoa, 15 mins.)
5. Upcoming events (Library Legislative Day Rally and Hill Visits) (Jonathan Miller 15 mins.)
6. Any Other Business