Syndicate content

LITA Board of Directors Committee

In: Library and Information Technology Association (LITA) -- Governance
View:   Faces | List
DiscussionsDiscussions
Discussions

Online Doc 2017 Annual Board Liaison Reports

by Jennifer E. Taylor on Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 11:10 am

Board liaisons, please list three or more items highlighting the great work your groups have been doing since Annual.

50th Anniversary Task Force: Thomas Dowling and Aimee Fifarek

  •  
  •  
  •  

Appointments Committee: Andromeda Yelton

  •  
  •  
  •  

Assessment and Research Committee: Christopher Lawton

  •  
  •  
  •  

Committee and Interest Group Chair Coordinators: Bohyun Kim

Board liaisons, please list three or more items highlighting the great work your groups have been doing since Annual.

50th Anniversary Task Force: Thomas Dowling and Aimee Fifarek

  •  
  •  
  •  

Appointments Committee: Andromeda Yelton

  •  
  •  
  •  

Assessment and Research Committee: Christopher Lawton

  •  
  •  
  •  

Committee and Interest Group Chair Coordinators: Bohyun Kim

  •  
  •  
  •  

Communications and Marketing Committee: Jenny Emanuel Taylor

  •  Increase social media marketing
  •  Respond to marketing requests
  •  Social media training

Diversity & Inclusion Committee: Evviva Weinraub

  •  
  •  
  •  

Education Committee: Ken Varnum

  •  Selected slate of excellent programming for rest of 2017
  •  Updates to the LITA Manual for this committee
  •  

Forum 2017 Planning Committee: Aimee Fifarek

  •  
  •  
  •  

Membership Development Committee: Susan Sharpless Smith

  • The #LITAChat programming
  •  Conference event planning - Conference Kickoff and Happy Hour

Metadata Standards Committee: Ranti Junus

  • Worked together with ALCTS to change the committee's charge
  • Proposed and convinced the ALCTS and LITA Board to accept and vote the new charge  

Program Planning Committee: Ranti Junus

  • Great list of programs!
  • Working on adjusting their workflow process in lieu to the ALA new format and process
  •  

Publications Committee and ITAL Editorial Board: Thomas Dowling

  •  
  •  
  •  

Top Technology Trends Committee: Ranti Junus

  •  Successfully held the LITA TTT event for ALA ANnual 2017
  •  Working on the rubric for selection panelists, which would help the future committee, including making sure the diversity of the panelists is well presented (gender, race, type of organization, etc.)
  •  Revamping the TTT nomination form to make it more clear

Web Coordinating Committee: Jenny Emanuel Taylor

  •  Working on transition to new CMS
  •  Jobs Site - fee proposal
  •  New Forms on LITA site/general site maintenance
More...

Online Doc 2017 Midwinter Board Liaison Reports

by Jenny Levine (staff) on Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 01:47 pm

Board liaisons, please list three or more items highlighting the great work your groups have been doing since Annual.

50th Anniversary Task Force: Thomas Dowling and Aimee Fifarek

Board liaisons, please list three or more items highlighting the great work your groups have been doing since Annual.

50th Anniversary Task Force: Thomas Dowling and Aimee Fifarek

  •  Working on fundraising from current and past Board members to support scholarship funds - have raised over $4,000 so far.
  •  Have been working with CAM and Membership to spread the word about the 50th online and F2F and create opportunities to donate at conference, including some awesome swag and donation acknowledgement strategy.
  •  Drafted process for selecting scholarship winners

Appointments Committee: Andromeda Yelton

  •  Creating & documenting a process for how the committee can work, as this is its first year in operation (see http://docs.lita.org/board/vice-president/appointments/ )
  •  Filling immediate committee vacancies
  •  Doing outreach (to chairs in re committee needs, and to individuals we'd like to have involved)

Assessment and Research Committee: Christopher Lawton

  •  
  •  
  •  

Committee and Interest Group Chair Coordinators: Bohyun Kim

  •  Reviewing and revising the content on the About/Committees page (mostly done)
  •  Regular chat on the litachairs list
  •  Committee Chair Coordinator also serving as the EL group mentor that will work with committee chairs in their virtual work toolkit.

Communications and Marketing Committee: Aimee Fifarek

  • Spreading word about the CAM promotion request submission form and has develop a social media calendar to spread the work evenly across committee members
  • Working on creating a manual for future CAM Chairs 
  • Intend to revise CAM charge in the Spring in order to better represent the capacity of the committee. 

Diversity & Inclusion: Evviva Weinraub

  •  Committee formed & met for the first time
  •  Creation of a definition of diversity within LITA to be posted on LITA blog by the end of January
  •  Creation of a Conference Buddy Program - implemented for MidWinter

Education Committee: Ken Varnum

  • Work toward revising documentation
  • Determining appropriate responsibilities between the committee and the LITA Office
  •  Collaborating with the Program Planning Committee on identifying pre-conference workshops for ALA Annual 2017.

Membership Development Committee: Susan Sharpless Smith

  • Planned and delivered monthly LITAChat programming.
  • Extensive event planning for: Forum (networking dinner), MW (Open House, Happy Hour) and Annual (usual + 50th anniversary events) 
  • Began work on Tactical Plan assignments

Metadata Standards Committee: Ranti Junus

  • Continue focusing on outreach and education through the blog http://metaware.buzz/
  • Working with the Metadata IG on programming for Annual
  • Looking at possible new projects for the upcoming year. 

Program Planning Committee: Ranti Junus

  • Sent out acceptance letters to the presenters for ALA Annual 2017
  • Finished the scheduling 
  •  

Publications Committee and ITAL Editorial Board: Thomas Dowling

  • Brought Michael Witt on as committee chair. Thanks to Michael for stepping into a position that has had a lot of unavoidable churn the last couple of years. He is proving to be a very active, involved chair who is energizing the committee.
  • Focused efforts of the committee members to support the LITA Guides series, including brainstorming sessions to generate topic ideas and recommend prospective authors.
  • Preparing a call for proposals with suggested topics: Technology for K-12; Budgeting for Technology; Developing Successful Technology Plans; Developing In-House Technology Expertise.
  • Contacting select LITA Forum presenters about their interest in developing guides from their presentation topics.

Top Technology Trends Committee: Ranti Junus

  • Selected panelists for the 2017 ALA MidWinter program. 
  • Met with the panelists to work on the topics
  • Selected panelists for the Annual 2017
  • Worked on a porject to go through past trends and list them in slideshow format to commemorate LITA 50th anniversary.

Web Coordinating Committee: Jenny Emanuel Taylor

  •  Worked on author attributions for LITA blog so authors can get credit for their work (Mark has been publishing posts)
  •  50th Anniversary site 
  •  Subcommittee to look at LITA's website to streamline content and highlight ways to get involved
  •  Job site mockup:  http://jobs.liblogarian.com/
  • LITA website mainenance
More...

Online Doc LITA Annual Reports 2007-current

by Jenny Levine (staff) on Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 04:11 pm

LITA Annual Reports can now be found on the LITA website.

LITA Annual Reports from 2007 through the current year are attached. For documents prior to 2007, please contact the LITA office: lita (at) ala.org.

Online Doc 2016 Annual Board Liaison Reports

by Aimee Fifarek on Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 07:08 pm

Board liaisons, please list three items highlighting the great work your groups have been doing since Midwinter.

50th Anniversary Task Force: ?

  •  
  •  
  •  

Assessment and Research: Andromeda Yelton

  •  
  •  
  •  

Awards and Scholarships: Aimee Fifarek

Board liaisons, please list three items highlighting the great work your groups have been doing since Midwinter.

50th Anniversary Task Force: ?

  •  
  •  
  •  

Assessment and Research: Andromeda Yelton

  •  
  •  
  •  

Awards and Scholarships: Aimee Fifarek

  • The 6 Award/Scholarship committee chairs all worked diligently to guide their committees through the decision making process.
  • Nearly all Award/Scholarship chairs are lined up for next year 
  • Need to come to a decision about future plans for the awards ceremony - the Board and staff did not have time to discuss and implement changes this year.

Communications and Marketing: Rachel Vacek

  • Finalized and promoted use of the CAM Promotion Request form (https://form.jotform.com/53476240612956), and so far it has been heavily used by many other Committees and IGs
  • CAM felt that they don't have the bandwidth to create or manage a LITA store at this time
  •  

Education Committee: Ken Varnum

  • Drafting and distributing the Education Committee's first-ever Call for Participation, followed by evaluating and selecting 23 program proposals. This was very successful, with almost entirely new-to-LITA-Education instructors. Also were able to hand off a couple of programs not right for us to other divisions, building relationships there.
  • Successful pilot and coming out of pilot for paying webinar speakers. Valuing our presenters, makes it easier to recruit, better equity.
  • Established a clear, documented, and repeatable process for developing programs
  • Programs we did this year that were notably well received: Privacy, Personal Digital Archiving (Melody is writing a book for LITA too now), good repeat of Yes You Can Video, Statistics at the Ref Desk

Financial Advisory Committee: Nancy Colyar

  •  Comparison of Forum registration pricing to other ALA divisions' and competitor conference pricing.
  •  Graphed results of Forum attendee surveys.
  •  Added percent of FY passed and percent of budget spent to LITA budget spreadsheet.

Forum 2016 Planning: Thomas Dowling

  •  
  •  
  •  

Forum Assessment Task Force: Ken Varnum

  • Organized ourselves and determined a course of action that we felt was manageable in the timeframe provided
  • Reviewed Forum membership data and collaborated with the Personas Task Force to begin identifying appropriate Forum attendee personae
  • Conducted a survey and gathered slightly more than 300 responses, mixed 50-50 between Forum attendees and non-attendees, from a wide cross-section of libraries and professions
  • Began analysis of survey and are starting to define areas where focus groups (volunteers solicited during survey) will provide more detailed information on topics of interest in coming months

IG & Committee Chair Coordinators: Rachel Vacek

  • David communicated with IGs on their renewals, ensuring they have a plan to keep their IGs running into the future
  • David began discussion with the LITA office and the President on an IG that shares membership with another division and is wanting to change some policies.
  • Both David and Lauren have an agenda ready for the Joint Chairs meeting on Saturday morning.

Membership Development Committee: Susan Sharpless Smith

  •  Launch of the new #LITAchat Twitter discussions on tech topics
  • Attempts to work with Forum Planning Committee to have more coordinated membership engagement at all conferences
  • Planning ALA Open House & Happy Hour & offering input for LITA representation in ALA Lounge materials

Personas Task Force: Bohyun Kim

  •  
  •  
  •  

Program Planning Committee: Ranti Junus

  • Finalized the program and schedule (later on, ALA changed the location and schedule of several programs so PPC worked on the presenters to inform the changes. Also reached out to the presenters re. cancelled pre-conferences.) 
  •  Co-sponsor LITA vs PARS Debate (Preservation and Reformatting Section from ALCTS)
  •  Divvied up for program sherpherding duties during ALA

Publications Committee: Jenny Reiswig

  •  
  •  

Top Technology Trends: Bohyun Kim

  •  
  •  
  •  

Web Coordinating Committee: Jenny Emanuel Taylor

  • Preparing for LITA Blog migration from LIShost to ALA servers.  The blog is also getting a responsive & accessible theme as well as https.
  • Brainstormed ideas for the main navigation of the LITA site, to be implemented once the new ALA templates are implemented.
  • Recommended a new WordPress theme for the 50th Anniversary TF and worked with Jenny L to set up a new WordPress install. 
  • Cleaned up LITA website to make sure all images have alt text and title values, to improve accessibility.
  • Chair and Vice Chair were guest experts at the #LITAChat on Twitter
  • Worked on setting up a multisite installation for the LITA Forum website, and are working to migrate the 2015 site to this installation.
  • Helped set up WordPress installs for the LITA Forum and LITA Jobs sites--still in process.
More...

Online Doc 2016 Midwinter Board Liaison Reports

by Ken Varnum on Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 09:05 am

Board liaisons, please list three items highlighting the great work your committee is doing.

Assessment and Research: Andromeda Yelton

  • is rebooting the membership survey that fell through the cracks last year
  • is excited about loaning members to the Forum and Personas TFs
  • wants to work on data-dashboard stuff, get things consolidated into one place so it's easier for us to find and use the information we know about ourself (in particular, they're going to work with Mark on his Education dashboard)

Awards and Scholarships: Aimee Fifarek

Board liaisons, please list three items highlighting the great work your committee is doing.

Assessment and Research: Andromeda Yelton

  • is rebooting the membership survey that fell through the cracks last year
  • is excited about loaning members to the Forum and Personas TFs
  • wants to work on data-dashboard stuff, get things consolidated into one place so it's easier for us to find and use the information we know about ourself (in particular, they're going to work with Mark on his Education dashboard)

Awards and Scholarships: Aimee Fifarek

  • The press release for LITA Awards was posted in October. 
  • There is no master timeline for managing award calls - Jenny is working on developing that this year.
  • Jenny Levine is now liaison to all Award Committees

Communications and Marketing: Rachel Vacek

  • Finalizing a webworm to gather needed news and events information and to serve as a workflow for redirecting requests to appropriate people for marketing
  • Writing a proposal and questions about the purpose, function, maintenance, and sustainability of a LITA Store – an online platform where current and prospective LITA members can purchase swag
  • Finalizing a style guide to provide consistency in tone, voice, and style across LITA’s virtual presence, communication channels, and within physical realms (paper handouts, signage, etc)
  • Preparing a regularly scheduled and LITA branded newsletter that highlights news, reminders about deadlines, call for proposals, announcements about events, education, etc.

Education Committee: Ken Varnum

  • Winter slate of presentations all lined up; all but 3 webinars are scheduled. 
  • Planning to update LITA Manual with LITA Education information.
  • Planning for continuing to pay webinar presenters; exploration of selling recordings of webinars. 

Financial Advisory Committee:  Nancy Colyar

  •  Orienting new chair and members
  •  Update charge
  •  Will work on financial analysis of recent Forums

Forum 2015 Planning:  Rachel Vacek

  •  
  •  
  •  

Forum 2016 Planning: Thomas Dowling

  •  
  •  

IG & Committee Chair Coordinators: Rachel Vacek

  •  
  •  
  •  

Membership Development Committee: Susan Sharpless Smith

  • Planning Midwinter, including use of ALA Lounge for promotion, Open House & Happy Hour
  • Planning Tweet facilitated tech chats, in coordination with education and communications, starting this spring (February start projected)
  • Looking forward to coordinating with Forum to have a consistent message to prospective members

Program Planning : Ranti Junus

  • Reviewed program proposals and worked on the scheduling with quite a number of constraints (speakers' own scheduling, making sure the program won't overlap with important LITA programs, etc.)
  • The entire program for the annual (18 programs and 3 preconferences) has been submitted. All the speakers, except the Imagineering program, are set and everything should be up to date at this point.
  • News from the ALA Program Planing:
    -- Possibility of recording some of ALA sessions for virtual attendees.
    -- Combine all poster sessions, regardless of the host, with the ALA poster session. This would allow to reach broader audience.
    -- Try to make sure all programs of a specific type (for example, diversity) are not held at the same time, and to identify where programs should be co-sponsored.

Publications: Jenny Reiswig

  • A good number of titles issued this year and in the pipeline with the Acquisitions Editor. 
  • The transition to the new publisher has surfaced a couple of issues for authors of books published under the old publisher. Specifically, the committee will talk to the Executive Director regarding guidance for authors who may want to get their copyrights back on books that were published under the previous publisher, and authors who want to issue an updated edition to an older book.
  • There are a few lingering communication issues: ITAL Editor reports should be going to Publications but past practice was to send them to Executive Director. Also some oddness with the mailing list which the Chair will resolve with Mark B. 
  • The Committee's meeting agenda for Midwinter is on Connect at http://connect.ala.org/node/249092

 Top Technology Trends: Bohyun Kim

  • The TTT committee made a lot of contacts with potential speakers to secure diverse speakers (although many weren't attending the MW conference.)
  • A list of those speakers now created for the upcoming Annual program.
  • Promotion of the TTT program in Twitter

Web Coordinating: Jenny Emanuel Taylor

  • Things have been a bit quiet because Jodie is on maternity leave and Kelly Sattler was made co-chair late in the fall. 
  • Completed projects include updating LITA staff listings on committee roster pages, updating the email lists page, and completing the Jobs Site. 
  • ALA IITS set up a multisite Wordpress install in December, will move Forum site to it
  • LITA Blog is moving to ALA hosting and will be a test site for ALA to implement SSL.  Brianna is also looking to possibly update the theme.

ALA Council: Aaron Dobbs

  • Advocacy Coordinating Group requests/encourages units to tie planning with Libraries Transform initiative (which initiative will be embraced & extended by the next president(s))
  • Accessibility Resolution has been rebuilt 3 times since start of #alamw16 it may or may not come up for action
  • See "ALA ED..." and "ALAWO..." attachments for more highlights
More...

Online Doc 2016 Midwinter Meeting Board Discussion Documents

by Jenny Levine (staff) on Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 11:14 pm

This page lists all of the Board Discussion Documents for the January 9, 2016, and January 11, 2016, Board meetings in the Boston Convention Center.

Board Information Documents are listed in a separate post.

BOARD DOCUMENTS

DOC #16-1 2016 Midwinter Board Meeting Agenda rev1

This page lists all of the Board Discussion Documents for the January 9, 2016, and January 11, 2016, Board meetings in the Boston Convention Center.

Board Information Documents are listed in a separate post.

BOARD DOCUMENTS

DOC #16-1 2016 Midwinter Board Meeting Agenda rev1

CONSENT AGENDA DOCUMENTS

DOC #16-2 LITA Conflict of Interest Statement
DOC #16-3 LITA Guiding Principles
DOC #16-4 December 3, 2015 Board Meeting Minutes
DOC #16-5 September 1, 2015 Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
DOC #16-6 September 29, 2015 Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
DOC #16-7 October 27, 2015 Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
DOC #16-8 November 10, 2015 Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
DOC #16-9 Personas Task Force Charge
DOC #16-10 President’s Report
DOC #16-11 Vice-President’s Report
DOC #16-12 LITA Executive Director’s Report
DOC #16-13 2015 Annual Report from the Bylaws Committee
DOC #16-14 LITA Acquisitions Editor Report
DOC #16-15 ITAL Statistics through October 2015
DOC #16-16 ITAL Usage Statistics Report
DOC #16-17 LITA Division Councilor’s Report

DISCUSSION ITEM DOCUMENTS

DOC #16-18 2016 Election Slate (Private document)
DOC #16-19 Process for Approving Election Slates Brief
DOC #16-20 50th Anniversary Fundraising Campaign Brief
DOC #16-21 Paying Webinar Instructors Brief
DOC #16-22 Fall 2014 LITA Ed Division Review Charge Summary
DOC #16-23 Fall 2014 LITA Survey of ALA Divisions’ Education Opportunities
DOC #16-24 Asynchronous Education Sales Brief
DOC #16-25 Asynchronous Sample Contract Language
DOC #16-26 Asynchronous Webinar Report
DOC #16-27 Review Primary Mission of LITA Education Brief
DOC #16-28 Draft Appointments Committee Charge
DOC #16-29 Role of Executive Committee Brief
DOC #16-30 LITA Forum Pricing Brief rev1
DOC #16-31 FY16 1st Quarter Budget Summary
DOC #16-32 FY16 1st Quarter Budget Narrative
DOC #16-33 FY17 Preliminary Draft Budget (Incomplete)
DOC #16-34 IG Renewals Report ALAMW16 (PDF, January 5, 2016)
DOC #16-35 LITA Guide Publication Statistics as of Jan 4 2016 (XLSX, January 5, 2016)    

Note that Discussion Document MW DOC 16-18 2016 Election Slate (PDF) was posted privately because it contains confidential information, and MW DOC #16-9 Personas Task Force Charge is available online as a public vote.

In addition to the PDF version of MW INFO 16-5 ALA and Division Member Counts for the Past 10 Years, I've also made it available as a Google Spreadsheet.

I will add files to the list as new documents come in.

To download all of the documents at once, use the "Download attached files in one zip file" link beneath the list of attachments.

January 6, 2016 Update Added:

DOC #16-1 2016 Midwinter Board Meeting Agenda rev1 (replaced original draft)
DOC #16-34 IG Renewals Report ALAMW16 (PDF, January 5, 2016)
DOC #16-35 LITA Guide Publication Statistics as of Jan 4 2016 (XLSX, January 5, 2016)    

More...

Online Doc 2016 Midwinter Meeting Board Information Documents

by Jenny Levine (staff) on Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 10:49 pm

This page lists all of the Board Information Documents for the January 9, 2016, and January 11, 2016, Board meetings in the Boston Convention Center. These documents are provided as informational and will not be discussed during the meetings.

Board Discussion Documents are listed in a separate post.

This page lists all of the Board Information Documents for the January 9, 2016, and January 11, 2016, Board meetings in the Boston Convention Center. These documents are provided as informational and will not be discussed during the meetings.

Board Discussion Documents are listed in a separate post.

INFORMATION DOCUMENTS

INFO #16-1 FY15 LITA Membership
INFO #16-2 November 2015 LITA Membership Statistics
INFO #16-3 LITA Membership Overlap Report
INFO #16-4 November 2015 ALA Membership Statistics
INFO #16-5 ALA and Division Member Counts for the Past 10 Years
INFO #16-6 FY15 LITA Budget Summary
INFO #16-7 FY15 LITA Budget Narrative
INFO #16-8 ALA Executive Board Agenda
INFO #16-9 ALA-APA Agenda
INFO #16-10 What’s Happening at Midwinter (from Mary Ghikas)
INFO #16-11 ALA Executive Director’s Board and Council Report
INFO #16-12 ALA Washington Office Six-Month Report
INFO #16-13 ITTS Projected Timeline
INFO #16-14 ALA Election Year Rules - March 2008 update
INFO #16-15 ALA Election Year Rules - Additional Notes
INFO #16-16 ALA Legal Framework - Twenty Questions

I will add files to the list as new documents come in.

To download all of the documents at once, use the "Download attached files in one zip file" link beneath the list of attachments.

More...

Online Doc LITA events at Midwinter 2016 for Board members to attend (required and suggested)

by Jenny Levine (staff) on Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 07:50 am

Based on Rachel's great compilation from last year, here is the list of LITA programming, meetings, and fun events going on at the 2016 ALA Midwinter Meeting in Boston, including those events that you're required to attend.

Board Dinner

  • Friday, January 8, 2016
  • Place and time to be determined - will update this spot as soon as it's set

Joint Chairs Meeting

Based on Rachel's great compilation from last year, here is the list of LITA programming, meetings, and fun events going on at the 2016 ALA Midwinter Meeting in Boston, including those events that you're required to attend.

Board Dinner

  • Friday, January 8, 2016
  • Place and time to be determined - will update this spot as soon as it's set

Joint Chairs Meeting

  • Saturday, January 9, 8:30am - 10:00am
  • Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, Room 104BC
  • Lauren Pressley and David Lee King will be doing a Committee and IG Chair Orientation and more
  • Scheduler link
  • Not required for you to attend, but strongly encouraged so you can provide better support to your committees.
  • Agenda forthcoming

All Committees Meetings

  • Saturday, January 9, 10:30am - 11:30am
  • Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, Room 104BC
  • Scheduler link
  • If you are a liaison to a committee (which you all are!), be sure to attend this and check in with your group if they are meeting in person. Many groups meet virtually instead, too.

Board of Directors I

  • Saturday, January 9, 1:30pm - 4:30pm
  • Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, Room 203
  • Scheduler link
  • Agenda forthcoming

Top Technology Trends

  • Sunday, January 10, 10:30am - 11:30am
  • Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, Room 253A
  • Scheduler link
  • Not required to attend, but why not?  It's LITA's flagship program.

LITA Open House

  • Sunday, January 10, 4:30pm - 5:30pm
  • Seaport Hotel, Room Harborview 2
  • Scheduler link
  • This is a great place to welcome new and prospective members. It's not required for you to attend, but it looks good if Board members are present.  
  • If your committee chairs can't attend, you might want to be there to represent in their absence. Membership Committee plans this event, so let Melody Condron (macondron at uh.edu) if you have something to say or are representing a committee or IG.

LITA Happy Hour

LITA Town Meeting

  • Monday, January 11, 8:30am - 10:00am
  • Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, Room 104BC
  • Scheduler link
  • Come mingle with LITA members (and prospective members) and support president-elect Aimee Fifarek as she leads a discussion about future directions for LITA

Board of Directors II

  • Monday, January 11, 1:30pm - 4:30pm
  • Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, Room 157C
  • Scheduler link
  • Agenda forthcoming
More...

Online Doc Board Meeting Agenda - December 3, 2015

by Jenny Levine (staff) on Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 11:33 am
  1. New agenda items?
  2. Adoption of Consent Agenda (Electronic Board votes taken July 2015 - November 2015)
  3. Paying webinar instructors (budget implications)
  4. Budget line for Happy Hour? (budget implications)
  5. Intern for the Board? (budget implications)
  6. Related: path for Emerging Leaders (and maybe students)?
  7. New committees/positions we want to create? (Appointments, Diversity, a representatives wrangler)
  8. Revise Forum pricing (including student pricing)?
  9. Adopt an accessibility pledge for Forum? (budget implications)
  10. Recording speakers at ALA conferences and Forum (budget implications)
More...

Online Doc Charge: LITA Forum Assessment & Alternatives Task Force

by Thomas Dowling on Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 09:42 am

Charge

Charge

The LITA Board charges the Forum Assessment & Alternatives Task Force with assessing the impact of LITA Forum; evaluating its position within the library technology conference landscape; and recommending next steps. The goal of this work is to ensure that the time and resources spent on Forum are highly beneficial to both the membership and the division. The Task Force is welcome to consider both incremental and transformational changes.

 

Deliverable

A report to the LITA Board which covers:

  • The impact of Forum, following the criteria determined by the Board as part of its matrix mapping process ( http://connect.ala.org/node/238204 )

  • An environmental scan of library technology conferences

  • Recommendations as to how Forum should distinguish itself and increase its impact within that environment

 

Timeline

The Task Force will commence by Midwinter 2016 and run through Midwinter of 2017. It will present a preliminary report for feedback no later than two weeks before Annual 2016, and submit its final report at least two weeks in advance of Midwinter 2017.

 

Composition

The Task Force will contain approximately seven members, including representation from or liaisons to the following LITA committees:

  • Membership

  • Assessment

  • Forum Planning 2016

 

Budget

None.

More...

Pages

LITA educates, serves and reaches out to its members, other ALA members and divisions, and the entire library and information community through its publications, programs, and other activities designed to promote, develop, and aid in the implementation of library and information technology.

 

Subscribe to LITA Board of Directors