Latest From All Groups

View:   Faces | List | By Group

Event IS PPR Mid-Winter Meeting Annoucement and Agenda

by Christina Gola on Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 02:14 pm
in ACRL IS Policy and Publications Review Committee (Instruction Section)

Conference Call
614-715-3395
Access Code: 503900#

Agenda:

  • Publication Proposal Archive/Schedule  Merger Project
  • Final steps
  • Current progress
  • Annotated Bibliography
  • Current progress
  • Work to be completed
  • Documenting our practices and finishing up the work of our committee

Event Announcement of virtual meeting of ACRL Standards Committee

by Susanna Boylston on Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 01:11 pm
in ACRL Standards Committee (Association of College and Research Libraries)

The ACRL Standards Committee will hold a virtual meeting on Thursday, January 15th, 2015 at 4 pm. I will share the call-in number in early January.

At this meeting, the committee will review the documentation for the revised  Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education.

Agenda:

The ACRL Standards Committee will hold a virtual meeting on Thursday, January 15th, 2015 at 4 pm. I will share the call-in number in early January.

At this meeting, the committee will review the documentation for the revised  Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education.

Agenda:

  1. Welcome and introductions
  2. Appointment of a recorder
  3. Formal approval of minutes of 29 June 2014
  4. Review of Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education
  5. Liaison Update reports
  6. Discussion of standards due and coming due for revision; assignment of liaisons
  7. Announcements

Documents for the meeting, including the final draft of the Framework and the spreadsheet of standards due and coming due, will be posted in early January.

Thanks very much,

Susanna

suboylston@davidson.edu | 704-894-2494

 

More...

Event 150201 ALA Midwinter Meeting - Announcement

by Christian Dupont on Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 09:03 am
in ACRL RBMS - SAA Task Force on the Development of Standardized Statistical Measures for the Public Services of Archival Repositories and Special Collections Libraries

The SAA-ACRL Joint Task Force on the Development of Standardized Statistical Measures for the Public Services of Archival Repositories and Special Collections Libraries will hold an open, in-person meeting during the ALA Midwinter Meeting in Chicago. The meeting will be held on Sunday, February 1, 2015, from 1:00-2:30pm in the Swissôtel Montreux Room.

The SAA-ACRL Joint Task Force on the Development of Standardized Statistical Measures for the Public Services of Archival Repositories and Special Collections Libraries will hold an open, in-person meeting during the ALA Midwinter Meeting in Chicago. The meeting will be held on Sunday, February 1, 2015, from 1:00-2:30pm in the Swissôtel Montreux Room.

Note that the SAA-ACRL Joint Task Force on the Development of Standardized Holdings Counts and Measures for Archival Repositories and Special Collections Libraries will meet during the same time slot in the same hotel in the Vevey Room, which is directly across the corridor. This will allow both task forces to hold the final part of their scheduled meeting times in combined session. See the meeting agenda for further details.

More...

Event 141212 Conference Call - Announcement

by Christian Dupont on Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 08:34 am
in ACRL RBMS - SAA Task Force on the Development of Standardized Statistical Measures for the Public Services of Archival Repositories and Special Collections Libraries

The ACRL/RBMS-SAA Joint Task Force on the Development of Standardized Statistical Measures for the Public Services of Archival Repositories and Special Collections Libraries will hold its next conference call on Friday, December 12, from 3:00-4:00pm EST.

If you are not a member of the task force, but would to participate in the call, please contact ACRL/RBMS co-chair Christian Dupont for call-in information: christian.dupont@bc.edu.

Event TF-EDI 12/22/2014 Meeting Agenda

by Gwendolyn Prellwitz (staff) on Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 12:18 pm
in ALA Task Force on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion

TF EDI
Conference Call
Monday, 22 December 2014
12:00pm ET / 11:00am CT / 10:00am MT / 9:00am PT

Toll Free Dial In Number: 1.866.801.5789
Participant Access Code: 78965432#

Agenda items

TF EDI
Conference Call
Monday, 22 December 2014
12:00pm ET / 11:00am CT / 10:00am MT / 9:00am PT

Toll Free Dial In Number: 1.866.801.5789
Participant Access Code: 78965432#

Agenda items

• How do we engage the ALA divisions in our discussions? Some divisions have diversity committees? What should their role be?
• What information should we pull together as background material for the conversation at MW?
• Recorder/Facilitator training. Need to be scheduled in early Jan. Will be recorded for those who aren’t able to participate in real time. Doodle poll to be sent shortly.
• First survey. Finalize questions and logistics.
• Other?

 

Basic Agenda at MW for conversation:
(Based on conversation with Nancy Kranich on 12/15/14)

Trevor: introduce the program. Why are we here? Introduce Jorge and Nancy.

Jorge: provocative statement….
Set the stage by speaking about the “tensions between and evolution of” the ideas of equity, diversity and inclusion. What do we mean by these terms? For a long time we have been speaking about diversity in terms of “opening doors.” In some places there doors have been opened, but the people who have walked through are still not included. What sort of social contract (is it a social contract that’s needed) to be more accepting of each other?
Is equity fairness, justice, or distribution?

Nancy: facilitates dialogue.

TF Members: serve as table facilitators and recorders.
Table participants may choose to focus their conversations on ALA members, the profession, or the broader community. Having this option can lead to richer information and more diversity of opinion.

Nancy: Wrap Up
“Harvest” of information. Was there anything surprising? Any light bulbs that went off that needs to be shared immediately?

Trevor: No reporting out. This is a great way to gather information that will help the TF as it thinks about how to move forward. This is but one opportunity to share information. Recorders will be asked to submit their summaries so that we can compile and use for future planning. Conversations will continue….

More...

Event TF-EDI 8/12/2014 Meeting Agenda

by Gwendolyn Prellwitz (staff) on Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 12:12 pm
in ALA Task Force on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion

Good morning! This is a friendly reminder that the ALA Task Force on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion will have its first conference call at 4:00pm ET / 3:00pm CT / 2:00pm MT / 1:00pm PT. Thanks to everyone who has let us know whether or not they’ll be able to participate -- we’ve heard from almost everyone.
Here’s the information for joining the conference call:

Toll Free Number: 866-801-5789
Participant Passcode: 78965432

Good morning! This is a friendly reminder that the ALA Task Force on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion will have its first conference call at 4:00pm ET / 3:00pm CT / 2:00pm MT / 1:00pm PT. Thanks to everyone who has let us know whether or not they’ll be able to participate -- we’ve heard from almost everyone.
Here’s the information for joining the conference call:

Toll Free Number: 866-801-5789
Participant Passcode: 78965432

The agenda will include:
• Introduce ourselves to each other
• Appoint a note-taker
• Review and accept ground rules
• Discuss options for virtual meetings
• Review charge of the task force
o Website
o Internal Communication (listserv and ALA connect)
o External Communication and liaison work
• Determine the groups or individuals with whom we need to work / collaborate
o Who, within the profession, is already doing D&I work? How can we connect with them (ALISE / ARL / SAA / ARLIS / others within ALA not specifically represented on the task force)
o Review the ACRL Diversity Standards; Review documentation from OfD. How can these assist with our work?

ACRL Diversity Standards
http://www.ala.org/acrl/standards/diversity

Resources from the Office for Diversity (look at the Popular Resources section)
http://www.ala.org/offices/diversity

• Develop a [tentative?] plan for moving forward
• Other?

Thank you!
Martin & Trevor

More...

Event TF-EDI 10/27/2014 Meeting Agenda

by Gwendolyn Prellwitz (staff) on Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 12:09 pm
in ALA Task Force on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion

Hi folks. Our next conference call is scheduled for next Monday, October 27th at noon/11/10/9 a.m. The call-in information is the same as usual:

Toll Free Number: 866-801-5789
Participant Passcode: 78965432

At this point, our agenda will include

  • report from the survey subcommittee
  • any feedback from sharing the definitions
  • updates on our programming plans for Midwinter and Annual

I suspect we’ll spend the bulk of our time discussing the survey. If you have anything to add to the agenda, please let us know ASAP.

Hi folks. Our next conference call is scheduled for next Monday, October 27th at noon/11/10/9 a.m. The call-in information is the same as usual:

Toll Free Number: 866-801-5789
Participant Passcode: 78965432

At this point, our agenda will include

  • report from the survey subcommittee
  • any feedback from sharing the definitions
  • updates on our programming plans for Midwinter and Annual

I suspect we’ll spend the bulk of our time discussing the survey. If you have anything to add to the agenda, please let us know ASAP.

Thanks, and hope you have a great weekend!
Trevor & Martin

More...

Event TF-EDI 9/9/2014 Meeting Agenda

by Gwendolyn Prellwitz (staff) on Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 12:07 pm
in ALA Task Force on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion

Our next conference call is on Tuesday 9/9 at 4 p.m. Eastern/3 p.m. Central/2 p.m. Mountain/1 p.m. Pacific.   The call-in information is the same as before:

Toll Free Number: 866-801-5789
Participant Passcode: 78965432

As with last time, we will assume you are attending unless you contact Martin or Trevor and tell us otherwise (or unless you are Melissa and have a standing conflict, which we are trying to address…)

As a reminder, here are the tasks from our last call:

Our next conference call is on Tuesday 9/9 at 4 p.m. Eastern/3 p.m. Central/2 p.m. Mountain/1 p.m. Pacific.   The call-in information is the same as before:

Toll Free Number: 866-801-5789
Participant Passcode: 78965432

As with last time, we will assume you are attending unless you contact Martin or Trevor and tell us otherwise (or unless you are Melissa and have a standing conflict, which we are trying to address…)

As a reminder, here are the tasks from our last call:

  • Action item: Martin and Trevor will explore different meeting times and send out a Doodle poll to determine a time that will work best for a majority of our members.  (see survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SLXH3Q6
  • Action item: Barbara, Mark, Mike, and Teri will work on providing working definitions for diversity, inclusion, and equity.  (see DRAFT at http://connect.ala.org/node/228362
  • Action item: LaJuan and Lian will provide information on what other associations are doing to highlight/promote diversity within their organizations. They will share this information during the next meeting on September 9. (see overview and attachments at http://connect.ala.org/node/228366
  • Action item: Barbara and Trevor will work on messaging that highlights why Annual 2016 will remain in Orlando.  (see draft at http://connect.ala.org/node/228363
  • Action item: Martin and Trevor will clean up the approved ground rules and send them out for your reference. (see http://connect.ala.org/node/227612?gh=32577)
  • Action item: Martin will send the task force a copy of the GLBTRT feedback report. This report can be used as a template for other reports.  (see all reports/updates at  http://connect.ala.org/taxonomy/term/32573

Regarding the last item, if you’re a liaison from another group and haven’t submitted a report on their feedback, please try to do that at your earliest convenience.

At this point, our agenda consists of progress reports on assigned tasks (see above).  We will add other items as requested, so please send us anything you’d like to add.

Thanks, and looking forward to the call.

 

Martin and Trevor

More...

Event January 2015 GameRT Board Meeting

by Jenny Levine (staff) on Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 11:57 am
in GameRT Board of Directors

Guests:

  • Gina Persichini, ALA Board Liaison
  • Kristin Lahurd, ALA Literacy Officer

Will take place in Adobe Connect at http://ala.adobeconnect.com/jan15-gamert-board-mtg/

Event SLILC Monthly Meeting - April 2015

by Carrie Donovan on Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 11:55 am
in ACRL Student Learning and Information Literacy Committee

Please mark your calendars and plan to attend via https://connect.iu.edu/slilc

Pages