Latest From All Groups
Dear Members of Advisory,
Please look over and edit your committee's section of the EBSS Manual. In addition, if you are a Member-at-Large, please examine and comment on the section relevant to you. I have received changes from Publications which I will update. In the meantime, there is a Google Doc that you can edit and/or comment on located at
If you feel that no changes need to be made in your section, please make a comment to that effect.
I will be sending out this link again a couple of months before annual for final comments on the revisions.
Dana Peterman (Past Chair)
ALA/EBSS Committee Meeting Notes
Date and location: January 20, 2016, 11:00 am PST, freeconferencecall.com
Committee name: Instruction for Educators Committee
Name of person submitting meeting notes: Samantha Godbey and Paul Hottinger
Members present: Samantha Godbey (chair), Amy Catalano, Sarah Burns Gilchrist, Paul Hottinger, Ericka Raber, Marci Zane
Members not present: Amy Gilgan
Guests present: Dan Zuberbier
Approval of notes from prior meeting: Minutes from the September 2015 Meeting were approved virtually over email.
1. Introductions and Welcome
2. Review and discuss results from fall 2015 committee survey on the IL Teacher Education Standards and Framework.
- Survey results did not have an amazing turnout.
- Committee reviewed the survey results.
- Only 29 entries were submitted for the survey. However, many stated they did not use the framework in their instruction. Most used frame – Research as Inquiry
3. Next steps for Spring 2016, including how to disseminate survey results to EBSS membership:
- Committee will summarize results and share with the EBSS community. Committee feels that even though the turnout was low, people may want to know what framework is being used by other librarians.
- We can use the survey again in the future to see if there is progress or change after time, observing trends. Committee agreed to send out the survey again in the Spring. We will use the same survey, distributed broadly to capture more participation across multiple disciplines.
- For now, committee can use survey results to indicate which aspects of the Framework the EBSS community is most interested in and most relevant. Would like to collect ideas and build discussion around the framework/instruction. Was suggested to setup a Google Doc allow EBSS community to participate and contribute information. Will send out a summary of results and a request for ideas related to a particular frame.
- Possibility of sharing results eventually in an EBSS Current Topics Discussion or ACRL poster?
Tasks to be done by Feb. 12:
- Summarize survey results. Create a simplified version to share with EBSS (Marci, Sarah, Amy C)
- Draft question to send out with results (to EBSS listserv only) - asking for contributions/ideas on using a particular frame (Research as Inquiry? Searching is Strategic?) (Ericka, Paul, Samantha)