ACRL ANSS (Anthropology and Sociology Section) Section
ACRL/ANSS Resource Review & Bibliography Committee
ALA Annual Conference Meeting
Physical Meeting: Saturday June 25, 2016, 3-4 pm, Hilton, Celebration Room
Only 2 members present; room assignment was incorrect in the schedule.
Virtual Meeting: July 12, 2016, 1:00 p.m. Central Time
- 1. Introductions of Members and Guests; Committee Charge
- 2. Call for Volunteer Note-taker; thanks to ALA staff for assistance
- 3. Approval of Agenda
- 4. Approval of Minutes
- 5. Report from Publications Committee Meeting (Helen)
- 6. Plans for Fall 2016 Currents—Articles, reviews, brief reports. Discuss directions for future developments/focusing of reviews; examine list of older reviews.
- 7. Old business
- ACRL Plan for Excellence—RRB Committee’s Report (etc.) (Report due by July 22, compiled by Miriam Rigby and Helen Clements)
- Meetings schedule 2017
i. ACRL, Baltimore, MD: March 22-25
ii. Midwinter Meeting (VIRTUAL), Atlanta, GA: January 20-24, 2017
iii. Annual Conference, Chicago, IL: June 22-27, 2017
- 8. New Business
- Volunteer needed for RRB chair
- Input for “Introduction to ANSS” session
- Proposal to change ANSS meeting times at Annual (see document)
- 9. Adjourn
1) Welcome and introductions
2) Approve minutes
3) Set date for virtual meeting to follow Annual (some committee members cannot attend Annual)
4) Articles planned for fall CURRENTS (are these still valid?)
a. Spencer Acadia—SPSS
b. Possible article on GIS by Louisa McMurray of Publications
c. Follow-up on Roper iPoll, suggested by Nancy Skipper
d. Data tools appropriate for undergrads, suggested by Celia Emmelhainz (and Erin Pappas) (Helen Clements could do Policy Map).
5) Other business
Come join your fellow ANSSers at the Capitol City Brewing Company (1100 New York Avenue NW, convenient to the Convention Center) on Friday, June 25th from 7:30 to 10:30 pm.
If you have never come to one of our socials before, please consider coming if you will be in Washington DC. We have a group of ANSS Ambassadors from the membership committee who are willing to meet with folks who would like company travelling to and from the social. If you would like more info, please feel free to email the Membership Committee co-chairs: http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/acrl/about/sections/anss/members_membership.cfm
Map showing the Capital City Brewing Company: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=1100+New+York+Avenue+NW%2C+Washington%2C+DC
Here is the menu for your perusal:
We hope to see you there!
Jenny Bowers, Co-Chair, Membership committee